The Frou and I have this thing about celebrating festivals/events together - Chinese New Year, Valentine's Day, birthdays, other people's birthdays. Last night, we celebrated Mid-Autumn Festival with Merry Man who decided to feed us. According to MM, you have to eat three kinds of meat and some prawns during the mooncake dinner. Being the festival plebian that I am, I just ate.
We entertained ourselves by watching a talent show on Channel 5 where the word "talent" is, unfortunately, a misnomer. There was a lot of cringing and howling from the three of us. It was very disconcerting to watch a S'porean girl look like Gene Simmons from Kiss making the rock-on handsign (with funny mouth and all) and screaming, "I'm gonna ROCK YOU!"
Next we watched a drama series on Channel 8 which also left us cringing and howling. Two lawyers were fighting over a girl they both like.
Lawyer A: You don't know how it feels to lose the woman you love the most.
Lawyer B: I am going to the toilet.
Lawyer A: ...
Lawyer B: I'm going to throw up after listening to all your crap.
Hahahaha! I heart local tv!
As we walked to our cars after all the cringing and howling, the Frou and I had a quick pow-wow about the night's shenanigans. Maybe we are destined to celebrate festivals/events together. And there's no better person I'd like to do that with.
I think the next festival is Deepavali...
No comments:
Post a Comment