Friday, 16 September 2011

I Heart My Friends

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
- Thoreau

As I grow older, I am slowly whittling away the people that I don't really need in my life - the toxic friends, the perverts and the whingers. At (almost) 36, I know that I have friends whom I can share woe and weal with. *cue singing birds*

Last night, the Frou organised my birthday celebration at a hole-in-the-wall cafe at Bukit Pasoh. In attendance were the Frou, her Man, my favourite Merry Man 1 & 2 and the Dugong. There was quite a lot of madness and merriment.

Merry Man 1 flirted unabashedly with the owner of the joint.

Owner: This is organic wine.
MM1: Ooh... Orgy-nic wine... I like.
Frou & Toe: *gags in horror*

Orgies aside, we were suitably mellow and behaving in a manner appropriate for our age. Right...


My heart sank as I watched my birthday cup cakes catch fire...

Apparently, there were 36 sparkler things. My feeble lungs could not blow them all out and I had to seek help. The friendly Dugong happily helped me out. Young lungs, I say.

Thank you my friends. Words don't come easy...

1 comment:

Frou said...

Your BUTT cupcake RAWKS!!!