Sunday, 24 February 2008

Buses & Trains

This is from one of my favourite songs from the 90s.

Hey Mom

Why didn't you warn me
Coz about boys is something I should have known
They’re like chocolate cake
Like cigarettes
I know they're bad for me
But I just can't leave 'em alone

So I walked under a bus
I got hit by a train
Keep falling in love
Which is kinda the same
I've sunk out at sea
Crashed my car, gone insane
And it felt so good
I want to do it again

Buses and Trains – Bachelor Girl

The M’sians and I had dinner at Dempsey Hill a few nights ago. The Frou and I baffled the server when we couldn’t decide which piece of jungle we wanted to face whilst having dinner. The restaurant faces a lush jungle that has strategically placed lights to illuminate the tress. You can hear the birds chirping and the crickets and if you squeeze your eyes and try very hard, perhaps imagine an orang utan (bless your furry heart Ah Meng) swinging from branch to branch. It is like one of those “Soothing Sounds of the Rainforest” CDs that are played in spas and beauty salons. The waterfall sounds always makes me want to micturate.

Dinner was extremely tasty! We had a salad of spinach leaves and arugula with prunes and caramelised onions, French fries with sea salt and truffle oil, red snapper pie, pork tenderloin and mojitos. As the sun set, we found it harder to see what we were eating and I was just stabbing blindly at the food hoping not to eat anything funny like a cricket.

I always have a good time at Dempsey Road. Once, The Shimano and I managed to wrangle a table, through skilful negotiation, at a chi-chi (read local “celebrities” and bitchy gay couples) restaurant just to sit amongst the lallang and mosquitoes. Such joy. On a separate occasion, The Date and I had a four hour conversation there till closing time. Sigh. So I walked under a bus; I got hit by a train. How bad can it get?

HURRY UP PLEASE IT’S TIME – T.S. Eliot

No comments: