I think one of the main reasons why I don’t blog as much is because I have no more Internet access at home. Yes, I must be one of the five people left in Singapore who does not have Internet access or is not stealing Internet access from the neighbours. I’ve seen some of my foreign neighbours do this – they sit in the car park in the dead of the night with their laptops in hand. (No guessing which country they come from…)
The ex-boyfriend finally wised up after four years of paying for the Internet access at my place and called me to tell me that he was going to terminate the account. Which is about right because he broke up with me in 2006 and has been paying goodness knows how much each other till the end of October 2008. The phone call was curt. The email that followed was also curt. I whined to the Frou, “He has stopped paying me alimony!” Oh well. He will be getting married next month to the woman whom he cheated on me with. She has a bun in the oven. I guess there are no hard feelings now and I can say that I am happy for him. Although sometimes I ask mutual friends questions like, “What’s up with her hair?” or “Is it me or is she stumpy?”
It’s good to be back. There was a sense of joie de vivre just doing absolutely nothing with the Frou on Saturday afternoon. We climbed and we hung out at Jones the Grocer in rather grubby clothes amongst all the well-heeled yuppies. We have thick hides. We care not. Good coffee, good food, good wine and excellent company – what more can I ask for?
I’ll be taking off again in the evening, this time to lounge on the beach under the Maldivian sun. The Frou will be partying hard in KL this weekend. Last night, we exchanged phones and keyed in a template of SMS updates so when one party has to drunk dial the other, all we need to do is to press SEND. How nifty is that?
1 comment:
We didn't send those template sms-es in the end. We SUCK!
Post a Comment