Wednesday, 15 April 2009

BFF

BFF = Paris + Nicole (not really counted because it was short-lived...)
BFF = Winnie the Pooh + Tigger
BFF = The Toe + The Frou

I always thought that I would be comfortable with my safety net of friends that I made when I was in primary school. These girls were with me through all the proverbial trials and tribulations in my formative years - the puppy love break-ups, the studying abroad, the hardships of the first job.

When The Frou unceremoniously tumbled into my life two years ago, I never expected the friendship to blossom into the madness that it is today. Our first "date" was at Wala-Wala's where we shared our woes over deep-fried chicken wings. Whilst exchanging train wreck stories, it stuck me that we lead parallel lives. What I experienced, she experienced. It could be kismet or we just have very bad luck with relationships.

Tonight, over some lovely South African, we whinged about work and our current state of affairs. We still lead uncanny parallel lives and through the transitions, the coma days, the bad dates and the good dates, we are ultimately comfortable in our own skins and we have each other.

Sappy as it sounds, I never thought I could make new friends after turning 30. The Frou has proven
me wrong.

My friend, this one's for you. I will pig you up any time, anywhere.

1 comment:

The BFF said...

Awwwwwwwww!!!!!!! *pocket puppet making sobbing motions*

What a sweet post. How drunk were you last night when you wrote it??

Yes, I know i can always count on you to pig me up. Which u are next Sunday btw. Literally. :p