Friday, 28 May 2010

Gyminy Cricket

This is an excerpt of an angry letter I wrote to the gym:

When I was at the gym yesterday, I was approached by a trainer. I was in the middle of my workout when he questioned the way I was doing push-ups and asked who taught me how to do the push-ups. He then proceeded to show me that he is able to do one-arm push-ups and showed me a picture of his abdominal muscles. He asked me to raise my arm to show him my muscle definition and went on to criticise me. I had told him that I am very comfortable with the way I look. I lead an active lifestyle and I do not wish to gain any more mass. However, he kept on insisting that I allow him to show me how to work my core muscles.

I am 1.73m tall and I weigh 55kg. My BMI is 18.4. I run 5km four times a week, cycle once a week and rock-climb twice a week. I believe that I am not the target audience for personal training. I understand that the trainers need to meet a sales quota each month. However, I feel that this is not the best way to go about getting sales. How does making a member of the gym feel bad about the way she looks a sales tactic? In this day and age where eating disorders are rife, I think that criticising someone else's body is not acceptable.To interrupt one's workout is not only rude, but also disruptive. Perhaps, the management needs to raise this to all personal trainers in the gyms.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha! I am an alibaba! I don't cycle once a week. I haven't cycled in the longest time but I just wanted to prove a point. The awful trainer showed me half-naked pictures of himself. Eeeuw...

It's been a pissin' couple of months. I am glad to be alive!

No comments: