When we were in HK, we decided to ditch the pescetarian way of life. As pork is my favourite meat, HK is the best place to be surrounded by all forms of pork.
Day 1: Had a pork chop at www.tsuiwahrestaurant.com/. I was quite happy that most people could speak Mandarin but I think most people were not very happy with my Mandarin. The Tsui Wah auntie could not understand my garbled request for mushroom soup instead of the Borsch. There was a lot of arm-flailing and sputtering. What did my friends do? They watched the show and laughed.
Day 2: Had dim sum at Dragon King Restaurant (I love the name!). There was a picture outside the restaurant of the chef adorned with lots of medals. He looked like a wrestling champion. We had dinner at www.yungkee.com.hk/ famous for its roast goose. I don't eat goose but I loved the swizzle stick that came with my drink. It was a plastic roast goose with head dangling to one side - slightly disturbing but cute.
Day 3: Had more dim sum at West Villa Restaurant at www.leegardens.com.hk/. The char siew there isn't like the Singaporean slivers of pork with a bad dye job. It was as if the chef had lovingly roasted a chunk of pig and took a step back to admire his handiwork. His handiwork was delicious.
Oh, the glorious pork. I miss you.
Pig aside, the company was also fantastic. The zoo went to HK.
The Climbing Monkeys fulfilled our New Year resolution of climbing together this year. Hurrah! (Even though we only set aside half a day for climbing...) Thank you Monkey Ears for taking us climbing and for hauling this Monkey's Butt up the crag.
Note to self: Never drink coffee before going on a 45min trek to the crag. The Frou and I were clutching our bladders and we finally found sweet relief a few hundred metres above sea level. The mosquitoes were pleasantly surprised too.
Goodbye holiday!
2 comments:
You forgot the melting pig ramen at Ippei-An (http://www.ippeian.com/english/about.html)!
Miss the Malay-sing zoo :(
~ Ears
We peed in the jungle and let the mozzies have their way with us on our backsides!!
~ Paws
Post a Comment