Friday, 11 March 2011

Why I heart my BFF

My BFF is work time fun. She is always online during office hours. If she's not online by 10am, I know that she's either sick or terribly hungover. We would like to think that we entertain each other in the course of the work day.

Sometimes we have clever conversations...
Frou (online shopping): Is there anything here I should get for new parents?
Toe (also online shopping): New parents??
Frou: Parents with new babies!

It is very reminiscent of what it is like for me in the classroom...
Teacher Toe (to squirming kids): What is a tragic hero?
Clever Child: A hero who is tragic!

The Frou wanted to buy a photo frame complete with baby's footprint for her "new parents" friends.
Toe: But you don't know new parents!!! (yet!)
Frou: I do! I do! There are ALWAYS new parents... what do you not like about the footprint nonsense?
Toe: Whose footprint is it??
Frou (virtual shouting at the Toe): THE KID YOU ARE BUYING FOR!! You imprint it yourself using some non-messy thing they will give you. You thought it was some random kid's???!!

The Toe is still not quite convinced by the footprint...
Toe: But it's still quite freaky! Why would I want my kid's footprint?? It's like how people keep teeth....
Frou: To show how far IT has grown!!! Wear as a necklace around your neck.
Toe: Next time, the kid will DEMAND for money to buy Nike sneakers... then you'd know how much the damn foot has grown...




Photo frame with random kid plus foot. Lovely.






1 comment:

Frou said...

You forgot to add that I called you DUMBO when you ask me whose footprint that is.....dumbo.

:P

Heart you too!