...you scold people on the dance floor.
At the Danny Tenaglia gig last Saturday, I scolded some boys. While the Frou was on the platform doing her thang, I was below with the commoners. When Danny Tenaglia came on, the crowd went crazy. Everyone except the boys in front of me. They were busy texting (probably each other because they are sad sad individuals) in Chinese on their iphones. (I have nothing against texting in Chinese. Really.) After texting each other (possibly to remind each other that they were at a club), they suddenly came to life and started flailing their arms and twitching maniacally. That's when they started to push me. No one pushes the Toe at Zouk. There was some angry gesticulation and some repeated shouting of the word "space" on my part.
What did the boys do?
They invited me to join their circle.
What the...
I looked up and saw that the Frou was having some problems of her own. She was having a face-off on the platform with an undesirable girl dancing with her handbag. The young thing was trying to push her off the platform. No one pushes the Frou at Zouk. I encouraged her to out-dance the troll and she very gamely did so.
You see, we are rather obnoxious when we are together.
You know you're old when you leave Zouk at 2am and you have this conversation with the bouncer.
Toe: I'm leaving. Cannot tahan.
Bouncer: What? So early? The party don't stop till 10am!
Toe: You ownself... Thanks! Bye!
It was a good night.
At the Danny Tenaglia gig last Saturday, I scolded some boys. While the Frou was on the platform doing her thang, I was below with the commoners. When Danny Tenaglia came on, the crowd went crazy. Everyone except the boys in front of me. They were busy texting (probably each other because they are sad sad individuals) in Chinese on their iphones. (I have nothing against texting in Chinese. Really.) After texting each other (possibly to remind each other that they were at a club), they suddenly came to life and started flailing their arms and twitching maniacally. That's when they started to push me. No one pushes the Toe at Zouk. There was some angry gesticulation and some repeated shouting of the word "space" on my part.
What did the boys do?
They invited me to join their circle.
What the...
I looked up and saw that the Frou was having some problems of her own. She was having a face-off on the platform with an undesirable girl dancing with her handbag. The young thing was trying to push her off the platform. No one pushes the Frou at Zouk. I encouraged her to out-dance the troll and she very gamely did so.
You see, we are rather obnoxious when we are together.
You know you're old when you leave Zouk at 2am and you have this conversation with the bouncer.
Toe: I'm leaving. Cannot tahan.
Bouncer: What? So early? The party don't stop till 10am!
Toe: You ownself... Thanks! Bye!
It was a good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment