I adore television. I am probably the 2nd last person in Singapore who doesn't have cable tv; however, I am very much satisfied with the terrestrial channels. I love the lazy Sunday afternoons watching the Hindi / Bollywood movies, the mad rush home from the gym to catch the channel 8 drama serial at 9pm, the late night B-grade slasher flicks (think Alicia Silverstone in The Crush) and such. Bliss.
No one can talk to me or wants to talk to me when I'm watching tv. There is usually a lapse before I answer questions and sometimes I am incoherent and talk gibberish. I have the tendency to ignore the phone and human beings when I watch tv. My eyes glaze over and my mouth unglamourously agape when I am lost in the world of cinematography and (sometimes) bad acting. Everything is shut out when I watch tv and I often wish I could blink less.
I remember when I was in school, sheer happiness was staying up all night watching re-runs of The Scarecrow and Mrs King and Murder, She Wrote during the holidays. Back then, I could watch tv from dusk till the break of dawn. It was all very surreal when the National Anthem would be played at 6am to signify the start of a new broadcasting day.
To date, I've been sitting in front of the tv since 9pm ... it's 11:01pm now and I have to be at school in 7 hours. Have I done anything constructive? Have I learnt anything new and insightful? Dear readers, I have to, unfortunately, answer in the negative.
The tv contents me.
1 comment:
oi! i like The Crush! It is not B-grade. It is E-grade! (excellent grade)
And don't forget "Manimal", "A Team", "Hawaii Five-O" and "Remington Steele"!
Mr Brosnan is so hot.
- joo
Post a Comment