The intention to write a highly intellectual post each day is but a pipe dream. *poof* I procrastinate too much. I want to:
1) Clear the pile of unfinished work on my desk but I go to the tuckshop to eat heart attack inducing food such as fried egg with special mayonnaise concoction in a burger bun and the damn waffle (the kaya one is delish!) instead. Coffee Auntie even knows that I like my coffee very sweet and stirs in 3 spoonfuls of condensed milk. Hello clogged arteries!
2) Be an outstanding teacher and plan my lessons in order to engage my classes in stimulating lessons that promote critical thinking but instead I take my time to stroll to class, make my minions fill my water bottle and sweep the classroom, scold random children and then decide what I want to teach half an hour into the lesson. I later trick myself into believing that I am not too shabby a teacher and treat myself to the aforementioned tuckshop food.
3) Mark the essays I collected in Week 1 and provide insightful comments that will turn my students into the next Booker Prize novelist. It's Week 3 now and I've done jack shit. I have a colleague named Jack and I was mumbling something to Sir PT to "Relak Jack" and Jack looked up earnestly and said, "Yes?" even though I was quite far away from him. I think he is secretly Superman and I bet he has started marking his work. Eager beaver... I want to kick all my colleagues who are marking industriously while I am trotting down to the tuckshop.
4) Be a better climber and scale 6a and 6b routes with ease and finesse. However, I still climb like a paraplegic mountain goat and I huff and puff too much. Kicking the wall in frustration and using a plethora of vulgarities does not make one a better climber ... practice does. Guess who is too damn lazy?
5) I have thought of number 5 but I'll just leave it for another day. The TV beckons. Blogging is far too effortful... My head hurts.
No comments:
Post a Comment