Thursday, 1 February 2007

2+2+1=...

... a whole lot of poop. I am housing two little kittens that were found in my workplace. They were found in a crevice of a wall behind built-in cabinets of the newly renovated library. To make matters worse, the Puppet Master hates cats. So we needed to get the kittens out of the compound pronto. I am now stuck with two barely a month old kittens in a cat condo (bloody heavy two storey contraption that I, with the help of a friendly zhong guo ren neighbour, had to lug up four flights of stairs) in the store room.

I have just cleaned:

1) kittens' poop and pee
2) kittens' food dish
3) kittens' cat condo
4) guinea pig's poop and pee
5) big cats' poop and pee
6) big cats' food dish
7) human's apartment
8) human's clothes in the washing machine

Argh! When is my turn to poop and pee? Is anyone going to clean up after me? Too many animals in one apartment! I have myself to blame. ST had brought the kittens back and we spent 20 mins squatting in her toilet looking at the kittens. We decided to take them to the SPCA the next day because we have cats of our own *determined look*. As our legs turned numb, our determination turned into jello and words such as "cute" and "baby" snuck their way into the conversation. Devious kitties.

One week after the library adventure, the kittens are still in my apartment being fed and cleaned... My favourite time with them is Human Touch Time. That's when I take each (often hissing and spitting) kitten out of the condo and stroke them and have a little chat with them. I love to see them squint in kitten pleasure while I go on a monologue about my day.

The big ones just wait patiently outside the store room (they are not allowed to come into contact with the little ones) for me to come out to talk to them. It is indeed the furry ones that make life a little more pleasant.

Let's all paws for thought... Heh.

An oddity: the kittens have solid black paw pads while Frank (my overweight cat who's almost two years old) still has his pink paw pads and they are not fully black yet. "Paw pads" is a funny phrase.

No comments: