Upon reading the post about C.Klein, my friend Krusty demanded for a post of her very own. Nah! This is all about you! Happy? Hurumph!
One would think that looking after one husband, one dog, two children and about a hundred horny Sec 4 boys, Krusty's mind might be slightly addled. But no! She is still as sharp as a tack! I thought she had forgotten about the blog post I owe her but everytime we slack at work on msn, she would artfully weave it into the conversation. E.g. WHERE'S MY POST??? A thing to note about Krusty, she has the subtly and diplomacy of a porn star i.e. none at all. She'll be the first one to point out any abnormality in a person and have a giggle or two. Having said that, she is also quick to laugh at herself.
I'll never forget the time when we were working together. More time was spent plotting to escape from school to go to Coffee Bean or Adam Road. On days when we were bolder, we would make a run for Holland Village during working hours. We were the perfect tag team. I drive (because she can't parallel park), she runs in to buy the coffee, I circle the block because we don't pay for parking, she runs back with a tray of coffee which she deftly balances on her lap and I drive back to school in record time without spilling a drop. Think Jay Chou in Initial D minus the squealing rubber. It's all in the timing.
The inane conversations...Oh, where do I start?
- Me shouting at her very pregnant belly so that her baby can recognise the sound of my voice and her telling me to shut up.
- Standing outside our respective classrooms not having a clue about with to teach in the next 2 minutes and making things up along the way.
- Not reading our Lit text Cry, the Beloved Country before teaching the bloody book and making things up along the way.
- Walking into each other's classes while the lesson is still going on for a chat and letting the students run amok.
- Writing each other's work review form... and making things up along the way. Hahaha!
Even though we waffled through The Little Prince for Sec 1 Lit, we learnt a few important lessons. We have the purity of friendship and the ability to see the boa constrictor that swallowed the elephant. We believe that most people around us can't, that's why we get shushed during meetings...
Krusty! You don't need a post about you because you don't need words to affirm our friendship! And I don't think I can pay for our children's education... the handbags need to be bought, honey!
No comments:
Post a Comment