Wednesday, 21 March 2007

Grrr...

I am such an auntie. I’ve turned into one of those crusaders for courtesy and decorum. At the Bangkok airport, whilst awaiting my turn at the airline check-in counter, I morphed into a tsk-ing auntie. I was patiently waiting my turn, happily thinking about my pets and what I would do when I see them back home. There was a Singaporean couple in front of me. Suddenly, they gesticulated wildly to two others in the line next to ours. Before I knew it, the other two from the next queue joined our line, in front of ME, with two trolleys laden with big canvas bags (think the bags the boat people use). I was mortified. They (obviously Singaporean) had no regard for the others behind them and they pretended that it was perfectly natural for the group to join each other. I would not have minded so much if they didn’t have so much luggage but they looked as if they had bought half of Chatuchak including a bloody baby elephant.

I edged my trolley closer to them and tsked-tsked really loudly. No response. So I told my fellow travellers that some people have no manners and they think that it’s right to cut the queue. Still no response. My dear friends, remember that I have a loud and clear voice thanks to my job? I swear, Singaporeans rear their ugly (there was a really fugly girl and her boyfriend in that group wearing identical white Crocs (???!!) …) head both in their own country and abroad. I should have run them over with my trolley and thrown my pork floss crackers at them.

*sigh* I have reached Auntie-dom. Even my god-daughter calls me Auntie. Damn. I want to be "Jie-Jie".

Next thing, I’d be pounding the seat that has just been vacated to “air” it. *pat pat*

No comments: