I am an accidental godmother. The BF (she’s been my best friend since we were 15, not to be confused with my BFF of the Paris / Nicole fashion who is also otherwise known as The Frou) has a funny boy who is one year old. Krusty (my ex-colleague who has been a pillar of support and the other half of my SUPER BRAIN) has two tykes – one of whom looks like a certain Channel 8 actress named Ms Xie.
I am a terrible godmother. Krusty has two girls. The older one is somewhat chubby and grumpy while the younger one is prettier and more sociable (and looks like Ms Xie). I told Krusty that the Grumpy needs to study really hard and Ms Xie just needs to learn ballet (which I will happily pay for!) and life will be good for the both of them. Krusty told me to “go and die”. Haha! Krusty, I owe my goddaughter a birthday present and a piñata!
The BF’s son celebrated his first birthday on Sunday at a Chinese restaurant with family and Aunties (The BF’s friends). The ex-boyfriend (who is friends with the The BF’s husband) was there with his shaggy-haired girlfriend. What was supposed to be a wholesome birthday party for a child turned into a bitchfest courtesy of the Aunties.
Snippets of the conversation:
“Why her hair like that ah?”
“Assymetrical bob still in meh?”
“Wah! Her boobs are very big! But she has no personality!”
“She looks like a monkey. Wait! He also looks like a monkey!”
I sat back and smiled indulgently at my friends who love me. And marvelling at the fact at how loud Aunties can be.
Baby DN, I hope you liked Twinkle Twinkle Little Star – The 12” remix version with groovy dance steps! I was very tired doing that on repeat just to make you gurgle with laughter. I also hope you liked my solo rendition of 2 Become 1 by The Spice Girls. Mummy doesn’t really like that song because she thinks it illustrates inappropriate moral behaviour. The Frou and I love it!
2 comments:
Why morally questionable? Weren't the spice girls talking about merging of the common emotions like friggin LOVE or something? No meh?
[Wail] I need some love like i never need a love before....
you are a very good alibaba godmother! sitting through 50 slides requires dedication and love like no other. (i tried to make them go faster to make it less painful for everyone, but couldn't find the friggin command for that)
don't forget your other "charge" - JOSH!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...
Post a Comment