Wednesday, 26 September 2007

The Worm in Our Belly

I was reading one of the BFF’s blog entries and it made the hair on the back of my neck stand – not in disgust or fear but in recognition and acknowledgement of sentiments. During one of our office online chats (we do work … really), she told me that I am the worm in her belly and I happily told her to call me Tapey because I am loooong like a tapeworm. Not the most glamourous analogy, I know, but this is coming from someone who calls me “Bunion Onion” and “Wombat” amongst many other cheerful nicknames.

Maybe she is the worm in my belly because she is able to articulate some of the thoughts I harbour but not ever wanting to acknowledge in fear of appearing weak or feeble.

The Frou is an absolute delight. She knows all these old people songs like “Strangers in the Night” and “The Great Pretender” and she belts them out at opportune moments. She is also an unabashed Spice Girls fan and we know the lyrics to all their songs. Spice Girls World Tour here we come! Hong Kong in January 2008! It’s frightening how we scare off people in clubs e.g. the two boys who thought that we were (eek!) air-stewardesses.

Me: Eh, where you fly ah?
BFF: (tosses hair) Tokyo lor… sian ah!

I don’t think anyone believes what we really do.

It’s nice to know that I can still find friends who are pugilistic even though I am (in comparison to her damn bubbling fountain of youth) old.

1 comment:

Frou said...

Ali baba friend, I heart you too! We all come from the same rock, makd from the same particles. You pain, I pain. You loud, I louder.

OK, im talking cock cos very sleepy. Looking forward to the zoo tmro. Happy Burff day Big Toe!