Tuesday, 22 July 2008

I Drove All Night...

The day I get too old to party will be the day I stop driving to KL to party…

My weekend consisted of running away from work on Friday and driving four hours to KL only to do what I would have normally done in Singapore. The P and I (together with two others) decided that it would be fun to make a mad dash to KL and back over the weekend. For me, the only impetus for killing myself by driving in the dark with the insane M’sian drivers on the North South Highway was the thought of sinking my teeth into succulent roast pork. I still quiver at that thought.

We got in late on Friday night and it was a good drive up. Not much drama, only an extremely long wait at the SG customs – so much so for SG efficiency. We were rotting in the car for one hour, twiddling our thumbs and waiting our turn to get our passports stamped.

The P, who was driving my car, had absolutely no idea that I had lugged along my climbing gear and also had absolutely no idea what climbing gear looks like. At the customs, The P happily bounded out of the car and threw open the boot to show the customs officer that we were not harbouring any refugees or illegal immigrants. The customs officer spotted my rather ratty looking climbing bag and got suspicious.

Customs Officer: What’s in there?
The P (slightly nervous): I don’t know.
Customs Officer (opening the climbing bag and smelling my gear): What’s this??
The P (flustered and all): I really don’t know!

Well, those answers were good enough for our customs officer. It really makes the one hour wait all worthwhile to know that our country is in safe hands…

In KL, I met up with The Frou and her merry men. Yes, I drove for four hours to go to a different country to meet the girl that I see two to three times a week in SG on a regular basis. The things I do for friendship. I travel the world and the seven seas. I heart The Frou indeed. The P, who has never met a creature as fascinating as The Frou, was suitably frightened.

The P (whispering): When she lifted up her arms, all I could stare at were her man muscles. Scary…
(Being a rock-climber, the Frou has arms that would make a grown man cry. You do not want to meet this one in a dark alley…)

When left to our own devices, The Frou and I are a lethal combination of bad behaviour and crass humour. I was, apparently, shouting across the table at a rather respectable restaurant. The Frou was, apparently, cussing like a sailor without any inhibitions.

A sample of the night’s tomfoolery:
I was chatting to the restaurant manager who was very excited about his restaurant’s desserts. After describing the infusion of ginger in the crème brûlée and the lightness of the mille-feuille (*zzzzz*), he decided to order the chocolate coated cheesecake for me.

Lovely Restaurant Manager: Try it! It’s delicious! On the house!
The Daily Toe (very demurely): Aww…
The Frou (shouting across the table): Dessert free one issit?

Demure, my arse.

To The Frou in the words of Cyndi Lauper:
I drove all night to get to you
Is that alright
I drove all night
Crept in your room
Woke you from your sleep
To make love to you
Is that alright
I drove all night

Erm… maybe not.

The Frou, you’re one in a million! Liputan terluas! For you, I have the widest coverage!



mille-feuille

crème brûlée

1 comment:

Frou said...

Eh this entry makes me sound like a drag queen (man muscled sailor??)

We are damn KOK! Cannot bring us anywhere! What happen to poise and grace? (Backside!)

My merry men heart you! You are their drag queen!!