Monday, 6 July 2009

The Fresh Food People

Sometimes I make a shopping list and a take a gander at Cold Storage. Most times, I would abandon the shopping list and go a bit crazy in the aisles. Today was one such day.

Question: Why do parents insist on taking their children to the supermarket to let them run amok and refuse to discipline them in any way? *raises arms to the heavens in defeat*

Today I was defeated by three children, a mother and a domestic helper. There was a kid in the shopping trolley which was pushed by another kid with the domestic helper next to them. The mum was sauntering in front of the trolley with another kid. It was painful because the entire troop took up all the space in the aisle and I could not pass. It didn’t help that the kids were screaming at each other and one was trying to mount the trolley. The mum was oblivious to everyone around her who was trying to get through. Moses had it easier when he parted the Red Sea. I tsked like a lizard on heat and bulldozed my way through.

I had sensible items on the list and left with not so sensible but very tasty food.

No comments: