Tuesday, 1 December 2009

Baby Lurve

The Best Friend had a baby girl in August and she is the sweetest thing on earth.

I don't know what it is but the Best Friend has nerves of steel and balls of steel to match. I remember that she was texting me on a Saturday afternoon telling me that she was shopping at ION Orchard. Next thing I knew, her husband called me at 9pm to tell me she had given birth. From all the Channel 8 drama serials I've watched, women go through gruelling 20 hour labours, wailing and writhing in pain. And the Best Friend plops out a baby in record time! According to her, she also did the wailing and writhing and added in some swearing at the nurse for good measure.

As the best friend, I was assigned some tasks immediately after the birth. I needed to buy some ice and get a cooler box for her placenta. I had to bring a toy car the size of a big-ass microwave over to the hospital for her three year old as a present from his mei-mei. I also had to buy a SANDWICH for the new mother.

I was at a mall in Tampines at that time so I zoomed down the PIE back to my place to pick up the cooler and the car. Next, I went to the petrol kiosk to buy ice. The sandwich bit was tricky as Subway was shut and the petrol kiosk sandwiches are rubbish. Finally, I went to McDonalds to pick up burgers.

The night nurse looked at me funny as I was kicking the toy car into the hospital lobby, clutching onto a cooler in one hand and McDonalds in the other. Usually new mothers get flowers, Brands Essence of Chicken and pig trotters in vinegar. The Best Friend is alibaba!




Baby in the hospital - a day old


Funny bunny booties



Baby wearing funny bunny booties on a day out!



This picture was sent to me on my birthday. How not to love a face like this?

3 comments:

A curious sweeet said...

hmm.. does "the best friend" refer to "froufrou"?

Could this kid possibly be froufrou + the man's child?

Hmmm..

joon said...

heee! DS is famous!

Big Toe said...

No no... The Frou is the BFF and the Best Friend is the mother of two.

The Frou and the Man have no offspring... YET. Haha!