Sunday, 27 December 2009

All Rolled Out...

The year is drawing to a close and I await the new year with some fear, some trepidation and a whole lot of optimism.

A list of the highs and lows of 2009 just because I like lists:

1. The Best Friend had a new baby! She is the funniest baby ever! Her first baby is also funny...except he's not really a baby anymore.


Atop a reindeer...

2. The Frou and I bopped and howled our way through an Air Supply concert. During dinner with my 20 something ex-students, one said that her mother was also at the concert. Oh dear.


3. I made it to church...twice. This year's Christmas sermon was about the Christmas Trauma for Joseph. The pastor reminded the "young people" to be steadfast like Joseph and only "have union when the time is right". Take note people.

4. Due to certain lapses in judgement, I made a few bad bad decisions that led to a shrivelled liver and coma days. I will endeavour to have better judgement in 2010.

5. I didn't get fired. There were a few "chats" with management, a few shouting matches and a few tears but I remained largely unscathed. Big Guy is looking out for me indeed.

6. This year, a few colleagues got together and formed the IDSS (Inter-Department Secret Society). Our shenanigans include terrible singing at the KTV, terrible dancing at Mambo night at Zouk and terrible behaviour in most cases.

7. My cats are all grown up and they give me a lot of love. Yes, sometimes Frank the Fat goes crazy and lunges at me like I am a cat and I get nasty scratches but it's all about the love.

Frank who is a psycho.

8. I finally got my hair cut short. The last time I had hair this short was when I was in second year of university and I hated it so much. I had a WISPY cut. This time round, it's a straight bob which makes me look 15. Change is good.

9. Wine dinners. (I guess this has to be a high...) The Frou and I calculated that we must have had at least 52 wine dinners this year. We've done our part to boost the economy.

10. My family and friends are hale and hearty. Grandmother is well and we just celebrated her 93rd birthday. There is nothing more I can ask for.

Here's wishing everyone a fantastic year ahead. You otter!


I heart otters!

No comments: