Wednesday, 24 February 2010

The Frou and The Toe

The Frou is my BFF. We are, more often than not, in our own world of madness and mayhem. The Frou had been away for a week with the Man, leaving me to my own devices in Sg. When we met up last night to climb, I told her that I had missed her while she was on holiday.

The Toe: I missed you!
The Frou: How much?
The Toe: Like the deserts miss the rain…
(Missing is a dance track by EBTG and it was very big in the UK some 10 years ago.)
The Frou: Ooh! That is my all-time favourite dance track!
The Toe (squealing): It's mine too!

We proceeded to show each other our doosh-doosh-doosh dance moves in the climb gym. It must have been quite odd to see two monkeys in their harnesses, with the Frou tied in, pirouetting with flailing arms to imaginary music.

When the Frou was on the wall, the most bizarre thing happened. Tracey Thorn's voice rang out clearly from the radio that was playing in the gym…

I step off the train
I'm walkin' down your street again
And pass your door
But you don't live there anymore
It's years since you've been there
And now you've disappeared somewhere
Like outer space
You've found some better place

And I miss you
(Like the deserts miss the rain)
And I miss you
Oh
(Like the deserts miss the rain)

Eight metres up the wall, the Frou turned to look at me; I looked up at her. We burst out laughing - the kind of laugh that comes from deep within. We laughed and we laughed and we laughed.

(How often does a radio station play a dance track from the 90s?)

The laws of attraction indeed.

You the BFF lah...

1 comment:

Frou said...

We manifest our intention, and the universe gave!

The funniest part was when we imagined what each of us are doing if we are listening to the song in a club together. Barely 1 minute into the song, you are already downing a jug of gin and tonic using a straw. At the end of the song, I was jumping up and down shouting ENCORE to the DJ (by which time, you are on the floor, drunk.)

I suspect only we find ourselves funny, sigh. Anyway, it is a damn good song. We likey!