Tuesday, 23 February 2010

Heaven on Earth

My heavenly place on earth has to be Bukit Timah Hill. I don't know what it is about the hill. Maybe it is the energy that it gives out and it gives me. It is my happy place. I know I write about it from time to time. And each time I fall in love with the jungle all over again.

During my last run, I saw two squirrels, a troop of talkative monkeys and a few giant ants. There is always something to look at. It is pulsating with life...fecundity. "Fecund" is my new favourite word. It used to be "foliage".

There is something about the hill that gives out such amazing energy. No matter how tired or sluggish I feel, a run in the hill is pure exhilaration. It is so different from running on a treadmill (or a "threadmill" according to the Other 20 Something) because each time I am on the treadmill, I just want to smash the screen with the blinking dot that is moving along the fake track. I refuse to be a blinking dot.

Speaking of jungles, there is another jungle I've found (with the help of the 2.5 people party) which is proving to be a happy place.

What is your happy place, my friends?

1 comment:

Frou said...

My happy place is under my duvet on my bed on a Saturday morning right after I reply your sms telling you that I am going to screw climbing.