My secret indulgence is watching tv programmes like Ninja Warrior and American Gladiator. How does one categorise these programmes? Sports? (Is doing a crazy-ass obstacle course a sport? Is pitting yourself against a 7ft giantess a sport?) Comedy? Drama?
I think it is all of the above! Nail-biting action! Strength! Resilience! The contestants embody the Olympic motto "Citius, Altius, Fortius"! Faster! Higher! Stronger!
An aside... The Frou thought that the Olympic motto was "Amigos para siempre"... She even sang it out to me.
My favourite Gladiator is Jet. Unlike her counterpart Hellga (yes, my friends, that is her name...), she is slimmer and does not have a tree trunk neck. She also has a pretty face. I think the pretty face cushions the blow for the contestants. I'd rather get trounced by someone with a pretty face than a she-man.
When I grow up, I wanna be just like her...

No comments:
Post a Comment