Monday, 9 January 2012

Alanis Morris-not-so-sad-anymore

Way before the term 'emo' was coined, there were a few angst-ridden artistes who embodied emo-ness.

The Toe: Why hasn't Alanis Morissette come up with anything new?
The Songbird: Because she is happy??

Oh, Alanis, where do I begin? Listening to her in the 90s only contributed to my own brewing juggernaut of emotional baggage. It's great how she could scold one for falling in love with her...
You've already won me over in spite of me
And don't be alarmed if I fall head over feet
Don't be surprised if I love you for all that you are
I couldn't help it
It's all your fault

I am glad that she is a lot happier now and gone are the days of:
You took me for a joke
You took me for a child
You took a long hard look at my ass
And then played golf for a while
Your shake is like a fish
You pat me on the head
You took me out to wine dine 69 me
But didn't hear a damn word I said

I guess we all grow up...eventually.

Isn't it ironic?

Happy Year of the Dragon, my friends!!

Alanis will always be the greatest Dragon Lady.

No comments: