Tuesday, 25 March 2008

Of Trannies and such

On Sunday, The Frou asked me to name three things I’ve done for someone over the Easter weekend to show that I did not waste it away. Here they are:

1. I allowed The Frou to hit me on the head with a magazine article – Whilst the princess was in M’sia over the holiday, she “made beauty” and got a pedicure done. During that fortuitous pampering session, she chanced upon an article in a 2006 magazine (apparently the salon she frequents is not very up-to-date) written by a Particular Someone that she thought I might want to peruse. True to The Frou fashion, her eyes darted around the salon and she surreptitiously ripped the article out when no one was looking and stuffed it into her bag. For good measure, she leaned forward and loudly told the pedicurist, “Wah! Colour very nice!” When I met her after coming out of a 24 hour self-induced coma, she used the aforementioned article (which she very proudly proclaimed had crossed the causeway) and hit me on the head along with the refrain of “He has problems!” Yes, my friend uses violent methods to get her point across. I think the fellow diners at the coffee joint would agree with me.



2. I went to church – Ok, this does not really count as doing it for someone but I did give thanks for the people in my life. During those two hours in a somewhat safe and controlled sanctuary, I thought about the people who have shown me unconditional kindness and I felt much love. Thank you The Frou, The Klein, Krusty, The Best Friend and A (hope you had fun in the Cotswolds). God is watching over me indeed.



3. I belayed my friends – Even though The Frou, The German and I were rendered slightly incapable due to the various forms of mischief we were up to the previous nights, we still threw ourselves mercilessly at the wall. After a morning of church and Sunday brunch, we managed three hours of solid climbing and Indian food to end it all. Despite the black faces, the bad climbing and tumbling off the wall, we still entertained each other to the best of our ability. A pat on the back for the industrious ponies.



As all long weekends go, this one was ever so maniacal, coupled with lots of random eating. The German, The Frou and I had Sunday brunch at One Rochester which was a very nice affair – sitting amongst the greenery with the insects wandering into your food, and we had dinner at The Banana Leaf where we broke naan with chalky fingers. The Pet and I started dinner off with a warm coconut apricot cake, French fries and ended the meal with a metre long sausage.

The Pet is one of those friends whom I do not talk to every day or on a regular basis but when we talk, the conversation is easy and unpretentious. She is very endearing and compliant.
The Daily Toe: I’ll be late. Waiting for my laundry to be done. You wait?
The Pet: *waits*




So what did I learn over the weekend? I learnt how to tell Someone what you really think of him. You call his date a tranny.

The Daily Toe is embarrassed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come on, all of us must have called someone a tranny at least once in our lifetime. I did recently too... some ex-beauty queen of Malaysia who looks like a man. I think by that definition I can be called a tranny also hor?

Chin up, Wombat. If I have to search through outdated magazines in all the beauty parlors of JB for more evidence that he is a bastard, I will. We'll get The German to come along for a field trip in JB!