I am often in a conundrum. On one hand, I pride myself for being the straightforward, loud person that I am. If the need arises, I can make decisions very quickly such as:
1. (To The Frou) “No, I don’t want her to have dinner with us. She bores us, remember?”
2. (To anyone in particular) “No, I don’t like you. You suck, remember?”
3. (To sleazy gym guy) “No, I don’t remember who you are and I don’t think we’ve ever met. Not in this life. Not in my previous life. Not in the next one. Kapish?”
4. (To popiah auntie in foodcourt) “Wo bu yao tao-gay! Bu yao!” (No, I don’t want bean sprouts. Noooo… *screams when Auntie grabs the offensive vegetables*)
5. (To The Klein) “No, I don’t want to eat. I’m on a diet, remember?” *picks at his food much to his annoyance*
On the flipside, I am very much aware of the people around me and often take their cue when making decisions. I listen to people and try my best to empathise, rationalise and compromise. This usually leaves me rather confused and tired. Sometimes, I really can’t be arsed to read people and be accommodating. Other times, if I am with someone who is very much like me, I tend to skirt around issues if the other person is doing the same. Hence, nothing gets resolved, nothing moves forward and nothing happens. This sounds very much like a scene (a terribly bad one) out of Beckett’s Waiting for Godot.
Lucky for me, when I am with the Frou, being the Leo that she is, she makes up her mind very quickly and she doesn’t give me drivel about every nitty gritty detail. We are quite the formidable duo.
This quote is for the Frou and the German:
“Come quickly, I’m tasting stars!” – Dom PĂ©rignon (1638 – 1715) at the moment of his discovery of champagne.
(For the three pony friends, we do not only taste stars. We see stars…)
No comments:
Post a Comment