Sunday, 29 June 2008

Me and my mêlée

It was a good holiday. I did absolutely nothing and it was pure bliss. I’m sitting in one of my favourite coffee joints just letting the aftermath of the first week of going back to work wash over me. As I say goodbye to staying up till 5 in the morning, going to McDonalds at whatever time that suits our fancy, three hour lunches and running all around our fair isle, I also remember that I have to work hard for a living. *sobs*

The coffee is coursing through my veins. Damn, it feels good. The fiddly paperwork is piling up before my very eyes. Damn, it sucks.

I had to leave my own apartment and run to the coffee joint because my zhong guo neighbours are having a field day moving in and out of the various apartments in my building. This time, there wasn’t a squid in our common landing but a bloody table and some chairs. In the stairwell, there were rolled up mattresses tucked away in the corner. I couldn’t even open my front door! The zhong guo neighbours were singing at the top of their voices. They even did a boy-girl duet – with the harmonising and shit. I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry.

They have been making a ruckus since yesterday. When The P and I walked up to my apartment at 9pm, we saw half-naked zhong guo neighbours in the third floor apartment. When they saw us, they slammed the door. Excuse me, you want to be scantily clad for all and sundry to see and you have the audacity to slam the door? At 5am this morning, (yes, I was still awake because The P and I were eating leftover Japanese curry and watching bad terrestrial television) they were still hauling things into a moving truck. Do these people ever sleep??

The Daily Toe: I can’t even get out of my own house. The zhong guo neighbours have taken over the stairway!
The P: Oh no. Your life is like a comedy.

My life is like a comedy because I am surrounded by clowns.

No comments: