Thursday, 5 June 2008

Puppy Power!

It’s a good day. Heck, it’s been a good month so far. Every time the holidays come round, I make it point to do things that I can’t do during term time and meet up with friends during their lunch time. I am a lady of leisure indeed!

In the past week, I’ve been springing out of bed to hit the gym at 8:30am with all the other bejewelled tai-tais. These women are really ladies of leisure! They can spend a few hours at the gym doing back to back classes with such unbridled enthusiasm. During spinning, this one woman started howling. I thought that she had fallen off her bike or got her foot caught somewhere. Noooo, she was just very excited about the track that the instructor has chosen – “It’s Raining Men”. She was howling like a banshee! The Daily Toe was a bit frightened.

My baby girl J is all grown up and doing an internship at a law firm (yes, The Frou, I know it is law FIRM and not law COMPANY thanks to you!) somewhere in Shenton Way hell. We had a lovely long lunch (I told her interns can take extended lunches) at The Book Café. It was slightly disturbing that my 19 year old ex-student was dispensing good solid advice to me. She was telling me that I should not do this and that and how I should take care of myself in a very kindly fashion. They do grow up so quickly! It seems like yesterday when I was chastising her for handing in late work and how I guessed that she had done her homework on the bus because her handwriting was all squiggly.

The Frou emailed me this silly Excel sheet and all you have to do is to type in your name and it will tell you what your “profession” is. The Frou’s ideal job is Prime Minister. She is bossy enough… The German Pony’s ideal job is Trained Assassin and she looks every bit the part with her man-muscles and all! Hello La Femme Nikita!

Apparently, the Excel sheet seems to believe that my ideal job is to be a Superhero.

What is up with that? Everyone gets a respectable profession (being a hit-man pays well I reckon) and the computer thinks that I should be a superhero. Should I be decked out in knee high patent leather boots, have gold cuffs that shoot out lasers and big bouncy curls? Yes, I grew up watching Wonder Woman. I am that old. I have fond memories of Lynda Carter spinning vigorously around to transform into Wonder Woman. According to The P, her gold lasso is called The Lasso of Truth. My friend finds all of life’s answers on the internet. Oh well, superhero it is!

*captures the baddies using my Lasso of Truth*

Photobucket

Happy holidays my teacher friends!

No comments: