Monday, 14 May 2007

Dismal

My dear friends, can I whinge about buying groceries for ONE person? I swear, supermarkets are all out to get the single people who live alone. I spent 20 minutes at the supermarket looking for non-family size i.e. 300 slices of bread / pita. Everything seems to come in bulk. I can’t buy a whole loaf of bread because I can’t finish it and after a week, it starts to look like a Primary 4 Science experiment.

So I got fed up and headed to the alcohol section. Today’s dilemma was: Beer or wine?

When I moved out, I had visions of me being Nigella bloody Lawson wearing a floaty Laura Ashley dress with whisk in one hand and smiling beatifically at my cupcake icing. I thought I could cook up a storm and hold chi-chi dinner parties with an endless flow of champagne. Think Holly Golightly. The last party the best friend and I had five years ago started with
the inebriated guests eating from tah-pau boxes on the floor and ended in a very bad drunken stupor. I should toss out the fancy cutlery hiding in the recesses of my kitchen cabinet since they are of no use.

Now, I am eating “long life” pita bread (What the hell is long life pita bread? Will it survive nuclear warfare?) with cold turkey and drinking Asahi beer. From the can.

Yes, the beer won in the end…

Damn cupcake...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: