C.Klein and I celebrated Mothers’ Day. Together.
We were two disgruntled aunties trying very hard not to elbow screaming children and stare daggers at happy couples in love in town.
At a bed linen store, C.Klein and I were overwhelmed by the number of families that need bed sheets. I had to jostle through herds of people just to pick out boring burgundy sheets. There was a couple in front of us at the counter (disclaimer: C.Klein and I have NOTHING against married couples… only the fugly annoying ones) and they had bought over $400 worth of bed linen. Who needs that many bed sheets??
The wife started whining to her husband: “We got buy enuff bed shits or not? We nid more bed shits or not?” All I wanted to do was to pay for my frigging $40 boring burgundy sheets. We had to suffer her whinging at the bloody cashier and watch her husband carry bag after bag of bed linen while she droned on about the bloody bed shits.
Darling, the long and short vowel sounds need to be differentiated.
Happy Mothers’ Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment