Monday, 14 May 2007

Monsters?

The funny place that I am in has just gotten a little funnier. Sigh. Sometimes I wish I didn’t complicate matters for myself.

I slept with the light turned on again last night. I tend to do this from time to time. Sometimes I get scared at night and I feel as if I am six years old all over again, crawling over to the side of the bed to hang my head down to see if there are any monsters under the bed. It was all good last night. No monsters. Just me and my blanky (which, for some reason, smelt a little different).

A little note of cheer from my ex-kid this morning:
Morning Missy Toe! Thank you for believing in me! I got into NUS Law!

I am so happy for this kid. She didn’t get 4 As for the A levels and was very worried about her future. We talked about her options and I told her how to use her winning smile during the interview. I am so proud of her. And now I’d have a lawyer friend who would be able to write my will when I am old and decrepit.

It’s moments like this that give me newfound love for the job. Alas, these moments are few and far between and I still want to club some of the kids on the head.

No comments: