I had lunch with C.Klein after the gym today and I was amazed at how sane and grown-up I sounded when speaking about The Job. I told him that after the first few years of grappling with the emotional issues and the general loss of direction, I realised that everything I do is for the kids and that I actually have a relatively good head on my shoulders.
I was missing my ex-kids today and sent a few of them an sms. It was really good to hear from them. One asked if my guinea pig is still alive. Damn, after all the months of teaching them, all she can only remember is my silly guinea pig. What about the gems of truth I have shared with them??? I must have talked about Chippy in class a lot. Another asked about my love life and told me that she has become asexual. Delightful.
Coming to terms with being in a funny place is not easy but I am surviving. If you call watching Vin Diesel (eek!) on telly, drinking leftover wine and eating cheese dippers is surviving that is. Why does Vin Diesel speak ever so slowly?
A friend sent me an sms calling me “intensely rude”. I rude meh? Yes, I do swear on occasion… Ok, I know Ms Sylvai fondly remembers me saying ch** b** very loudly and tainting the hallowed walls of NIE. But that was only ONCE right? Haha!
One of my favourite websites:
www.shelsilverstein.com
1 comment:
Haha! Well, darlin' Adel smacks Cheesepies off the saintly white walls like nobody's business more often than you!
I miss those days.
Post a Comment