Yes, my friends. I will be whinging yet again. This entire blog is starting to look like one major bitch fest. Argh. It is quite apparent that I am not an intellectual snob but an old grumpy disgruntled cow.
I decided last night that, after nine years, I hate the gym. The loud thumping music, the TV screens, the screaming instructors in class, the machines and weights – I hate them all. Maybe I was just having a bad night. I am just tired of seeing the same faces at the gym, the same people asking me the same questions e.g. “How was your workout?” “You lost / put on weight?” “You still teaching?” and the best one would be “You working out ah?” (Wah lau eh! If not working out at the gym, then do what there?) The inanity of it all. I remember telling Ms. Sylvai when we were in NIbloodyE that you know you’ve reached exercise nirvana when you can drag your sorry/hungover/lazy arse out of bed on a Sunday morning to go to the gym. I think my nirvana has turned into a hellhole…
I miss running at Bukit Timah Hill. My favourite run is the bike trail which takes me round the perimeter of the hill. It has been a while and I think I need to get back into it. Maybe I’ll be happier and exercising will have more meaning. I am so sick of the gym. I’ll give it a shot today before climbing. If there are no new blog posts tomorrow, it’s probably because I am still stuck in the forest and my body is slowly decomposing…
The only reason why I am looking forward to going to the US next week with the kids is because I get to do a bit of running outdoors around the campus. That was my only form of exercise when I was in the US last year and it was a blessing because I was trapped in some ulu university with the kids and nothing to do. So I ran. Twice a day. Yes, I was that bored. The shit will hit the fan if I forget to pack my trainers next week…
On a very bright note: I received a lovely surprise this morning. A friend sent over two large lattes and muffins from Starbucks at 8am for C.Klein and me. (I was in class!) Thankyouthankyouthankyou! You are a lifesaver! And it did perk me up after the yeuch day yesterday. I was bouncing off the walls during class after all that caffeine.
Sorry, dear friends. I sound like an angst-ridden teenager with existentialistic problems. Except that I am 31… Happy thoughts people!
No comments:
Post a Comment