Wednesday, 22 August 2007

I should be so lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky

It has been a rather harrowing week and today I shall count my blessings one by one!

1) I am healthy… ish. (I am sure the Frou will have something very rude to say about my shrivelled liver and other malfunctioning body parts but I think that I am doing all right :P)

2) It takes me nine minutes to drive to work. Seven minutes if I ignore small children and the handicapped.

3) I can rock climb better than Laura friggin’ Ashley (a girl at the climb gym) even though I do not wear a matching Puma ensemble to climb.

4) I have friends who love me. At times. Received a text message from one of those in the inner circle. She was clearing the junk in her room and she found the letters and cards I have given her over the course of our 26 year friendship. Damn, I am ancient.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

MMS of the stuff I'd given her

5) I will be turning 32 soon and even though I don’t have a husband and a house, I have three cats and a guinea pig who squeaks. I have a new game to play with the cats. We sit on the floor and I ask them questions to which they would meow their answer. E.g. “Are you hungry?” *Meow* “Is Frank the fattest cat in this house?” *Meow* Life is good.

6) I have finished all my marking and reports for the term. I think Starbucks should pay me to be a permanent fixture – the one who sits, drinks and marks. I have drunk enough coffee and used enough red pens to last me a lifetime.

7) I have parents who love me. At times. Dad asked me the other day, “Why are you so skinny? Have you been throwing up?” Bah.

8) I have been fiddling with Facebook for a bit, waiting for my Grow-A-Gift to grow. Grow, dammit, grow!

9) My colleagues are kind to me and offer me food and drink on a regular basis. I am much loved indeed. More coffee, please. With milk and sugar.

10) I have wine and champagne glasses to die for. (This is a shallow blessing but a blessing nonetheless)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My LSA Ilya champagne flutes!

Blessings, anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

11. You get invited to high society swanky dinners in Sentosa Island *airkisses all round*

12. You climb the orange route with more style and elegence than the other lesser beings in the gym.

13. Despite your biatch attitude and blonde ah lian streak, you snagged a fabulous BFF....*meaow*