Monday, 13 August 2007

Of Whims and Fancies

It was a glorious day – of doing things according to my whim and fancy!

It started off with me crawling out of bed at 7:30am on a non-school day and ploughing through peak hour traffic to get to Killiney Road for breakfast. I count my blessings that I am a teacher because I would get a stroke every morning if were a 9am – 5pm worker. Traffic is terrible at 8am! Cars are bumper to bumper. This morning, the fella behind me came so close that I could see his pores on his nose in my rearview mirror.

Breakfast consisted of two soft-boiled eggs, kaya toast and coffee. My first coffee in days! The good doctor told me no coffee and alcohol. It’s been a week. The crazed look in my eyes intensified when the coffee arrived. I heart caffeine. Welcome back to my bloodstream baby!

Then it was off to Mustafa at 9am to buy me a new Casio watch. The friend chose one that doesn’t look too primary school. Mustafa is great because you can go there at any unearthly time and it’ll be open with something for you to spend your hard-earned money on. For me, it was an alarm chronograph complete with dual time and stopwatch. All for $21! Who needs a Tag?

Miss Frou and Obligatory Male Company, it’s Friday night or bust!

2 comments:

Frou said...

R u gonna wear your $21 Casio watch on our Friday night out? *snigger*

meeeooowwww.....*scratch scratch*

Daily Toe said...

I will have you know that my $21 CASIO watch is classy and elegant. Rubber strap and all. Bah.