So my friends, what is your coping mechanism?
Concerned friends will always text me the next day after a night of fun-filled shenanigans. Their messages will range from the polite to the downright rude:
1) Are you all right?
2) Got home ok?
3) Are you dead?
To which I will usually reply with a very sheepish text message saying, “I’ll never (insert vice / coping mechanism) again. Ever.”
Concerned friends will then do one of the following:
1) Call me to howl with laughter at the aforementioned text message then hang up.
2) Call me to give me a derisive snort at the aforementioned text message then hang up.
3) Reply with a one-liner like BULLSHIT / BOLLOCKS / LIAR / R.I.G.H.T. (capital letters and all).
Sigh. Who needs enemies with friends like these?
1 comment:
“I tried to drown my sorrows, but the bastards learned how to swim, and now I am overwhelmed by this decent and good feeling.”
Post a Comment