Thursday, 28 June 2007

Dead Chicken Face

My friends, from this post’s title, do not expect intellectually stimulating repartee or much substance ok?

C.Klein were at the gym this afternoon and we were at the lounge bemoaning our tragic lives. I was flipping through the newspapers when I turned to a supermarket advertisement. You know one of those large supermarket chains with a two page spread advertising the best bargains. As I was about to turn the page to read about more pressing matters such as the new $20 bills commemorating the 40 years of twinned currencies between Singapore and Brunei (betcha didn’t know that!), I espied a picture of a chicken on the supermarket advertisement – the cheap poultry or something of that sort. It was a whole chicken with a head and all and it was in a seated position. I’m sure you’ve seen this before. The chicken had the saddest, most woebegone expression on its face. Its eyes were in slits, and its beak was downturn.

I turned to C.Klein and showed him the picture and said, “Look! Dead chicken face.” And I made the dead chicken face. It is the ugliest, most horrible looking face I have ever made. C.Klein is a good friend because he is so indulgent. He gave an obligatory laugh but I persisted in showing him how I could mimic the likeness of the poor chicken over and over again. To make the dead chicken face, you need to turn your mouth all the way down (your neck may look a bit gross when you attempt this) and narrow your eyes into slits at the same time.

It was a rather unpleasant gym session with the silly gym instructor barking instructions at us. C.Klein and I were facing each other while doing lunges. I was in pain so I made the dead chicken face at him and he burst out laughing. We were both very wobbly because we were laughing so hard. See what the dead chicken face can do?

C.Klein, thank you for being so terribly indulgent. We are kindred spirits indeed. All you need to do is say “Dead chicken face” and I’ll do it! I just hope the wind doesn’t blow when I am doing it otherwise I’ll be stuck with dead chicken face forever. Not a pretty sight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heart the "Dead Chicken Face", my kindred spirit. (Very Anne of Green Gables)

SeaLs said...

I WANNA see the Dead Chk Face!

Somehow, I can imagine Toe as carrot-haired Anne of GG running all over the plains with a DCF face, flapping her wings through the sleeves of her frilly frock.

Hee hee!

Phearsa & Habibah said...

heh heh..do it sommetime in class!;P