Wednesday, 13 June 2007

The Loser Photographer

C.Klein and I had lunch at Belgo's at Covent Garden. So far, we've eaten only Chinese food (?!) and now... Belgian food. Sheesh. Again, my apitude for photography shows.

Picture of finished frites (which are actually bloody chips but the Belgians believe that they invented them so "frites" they are):
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sorry lah! I forget about the camera!

Fancy wash basin in Belgo's (you need to step on a pedal to engage the fountain):
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We trekked from Covent Garden to Oxford Circus being the tourists that we are and discovered that the Teletubbies are still alive.

Scary aliens on drugs:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Someone kill them please. It was quite frightening to see them smiling genially at passers-by.

Fashion in London is quite horrifying. I didn't buy anything from the high street shops. Yet. The Pucci-esque graphic tops and leggings are all the rage. Also, the jewellery with charms of all sorts are very trendy. Methinks that only the stick insects can pull off the leggings look. Chunky girls need not apply. However, there are a lot of very self-assured be-legginged women here. I am not sure if I am that keen on London fashion.

I came all the way to London to buy old clothes. So far, I bought a few vintage (thankfully laundered) dresses. Hahaha! Shapeless dresses that look like cushion covers. I like! He bought a funny red skull ring with diamante to scare the Puppet Master.

Topshop on Oxford St is amazing. It is like a mini-mall complete with a cafe and toilets. The Kate Moss collection is, unfortunately, a tad blah. Lots of spangly tops - sequins and paillettes galore (a bit OTT in my humble opinion) - and bland bottoms. Regardless of her fashion design foray / disaster, I still adore Kate Moss. She is the face that launched a thousand ships.

Heroin chic anybody?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hate the telly tubbies. that's real weird shit. "eh-oh" my backside.