Monday, 11 June 2007

Death by Clotted Cream

I went a bit mad buying shoes. It is wonderful to be able to walk into a shoe shop and pick up a shoe on display and put it on. I have big feet. And you know what they say about women with big feet. They wear big shoes. It is almost impossible to buy shoes in Singapore when you are a size 40. My self-esteem plummets each time I see a pretty pair of shoes and when I ask for my size, the sales person would usually look at my Ronald McDonald feet, flinch and say, "No sai." Bah.

So, my dear friends, you can imagine my sheer happiness at being able to BUY SHOES.


Got a pair of very sensible shoes from L.K. Bennett:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Boots from some Euro-trash Ah Lian shop:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And Buffalo boots to die for... Mum and I had an argument about this pair. She called them "hideous" and I went on a tirade about how she criticises everything in my life i.e. the way I live it. I felt 16 all over again. Every girl should have a pair of Buffalo boots! These cost me an arm and possibly my useless liver but what the hell:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


C.Klein said something that made a lot of sense though... I'd wear these lovelies for a bit then go back to my tried and very tested Birkenstocks simply because I can't do without them. And I love clomping about in them.


Please excuse the bad photography. I do not really enjoy taking photos as I look like a goblin in pictures.



Scones and clotted cream at Harvey Nichols:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Made C.Klein eat more scones and clotted cream with me again today - this time at Covent Garden:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I had dinner with a dear university mate last night at this fancy schmancy restaurant called Beach Blanket Babylon at Notting Hill. It was so dark because of the ambient lighting rubbish that you can't really see what you're eating or what your dinner companion looks like.


White chocolate creme brulee:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Pannacotta:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yes, yes, I know I am not the best photographer in the world. Most of the food pictures are of half-eaten food because I forget that I have a camera and I only remember midway stuffing my face.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lurvely! lurvely! take more pics la... don't let the camera go to waste... can u eat 1 more scone for me? no cream, just jam and butter...

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you got a picture of the half-eaten pannacotta - it's smaller than the spoon!! Tasty though....

Anonymous said...

i logged on again just to see the assorted footwear! i really really like the brown boots. very yee-haw. good choice! and i have to agree with C, u won't wear the 1st pair at all!!!!! if (and when) u do, u'd better carry the catwoman bag too... :P

SeaLs said...

Keep the blog rolling! I love to read your stuff!

The pair that costs you your body parts is GORGEOUS! OoohHHh.....

E ling said...

so much fun!
love the scones...can imagine you having this faux-brit accent than going into your lydia laughter (=