Hence, the Body Pump session in the evening. I am officially the strongest girl in Chelsea Sports Complex. Haha! I went for a Body Pump class this evening and I must have frightened some of the ang mohs with my enthusiasm and coordination / timing because I know the tracks the instructor used. I am a gym geek.
I should not be complaining because I am eating well. In the previous post, I wrote about dinner with my bestest university mate. A took me to a gorgeous Gaudiesque restaurant in Notting Hill - Beach Blanket Babylon. It is strange because right smack in the quiet residential area is this house / restaurant with the craziest labyrinthine tunnels and rooms called The Crypt and The Scullery. I love it! The food was really good. I had a caesar salad with chicken, made a mess out of the bread basket and drank these tasty cocktails. A knows that I have a penchant for alcoholic drinks with lots of Vitamin C.
I think this is called The Purple Blanket (yes, rather pretentious I know):

It was funny how A and I picked up from where we left off. We're both terrible at keeping in touch - the occasional text message and seasonal card. However, it felt like we were both back in university at the halls of residence looking for the next 60p drink. Ah! We used to be obsessed with Mai Tais and would go to this bar on the high street in the afternoon to get sloshed. Mai Tais are choc-a-bloc full of rum and Vitamin C. Delish.
We used to be complete idiots together - the Super Soaker fights, the pub crawls, running around Seaton Park. He used to complain about the silly and impractical (but goddamn gorgeous) shoes that I used to wear in winter and I would slip and slide over the ice in Seaton Park (which we had to walk through to get to university from the halls). "Slippy", he called them. I was always late - late in meeting him to walk to class and we had to dash through the damn park in my heels and even late for dinner after not seeing him for a few years. Some things never change.
We have both come a long way. A has a house, a car and a wife. I have three cats and a guinea pig. Whatever it is, the Dreams, Hopes and Aspirations are still the same. And I have moved on from my Playstation with the pixelised bad graphics in university to a PS2 and a rockin' PSP. PS3 here I come! Woo hoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment