Last night, while saying my not very frequent prayers, I prayed for … collagen. It must have been my raging fever, pounding headache and aching bones that made me ask God for collagen. While other good Christians are praying for peace on earth, I ask for collagen.
You see, my dear friends, when you are over 30, things start to fall apart. Those of you who are over 30, pushing 30 or find that young children are calling you “auntie” instead of “jie-jie”, please read on. If you are 18 and below, go and revel in your youth and leave me alone.
According to Wikipedia (yes, I can find all of life’s answers there), “collagen is the main protein of connective tissue in animals and the most abundant protein in mammals, making up about 25% of the total protein content.”
There’s a lot more scientific gobbledygook but I would like to draw everyone’s attention to this:
“Collagen has great tensile strength, and is the main component of fascia, cartilage, ligaments, tendons, bone and teeth. Along with soft keratin, it is responsible for skin strength and elasticity, and its degradation leads to wrinkles that accompany aging.”
Collagen breaks down over time due to wear and tear. When we AGE, the skin’s ability to replace damaged collagen dimishes and more gaps and irregularities develop in the collagen mesh resulting in wrinkles. Smoking, exposure to sun and free radicals do not help.
That’s why, my friends, I prayed for collagen.
Ack.
2 comments:
You're on the threshold of hag,
Now EVERYTHINGS starting to sag,
Your tushy got mushy,
Your mustache is bushy,
Your hormones are caught in a snag.
Hey... no need for prayers; you can take things into yr own hands and buy collagen in bottle or pill form to be consumed or lotion form to be applied onto the skin directly. I personally tried the Fancl drink potion... it's pretty gd.
Post a Comment