Thursday, 20 December 2007

Hello the rest of my life!

I do enjoy writing. Hence, I am not going to bitch about the animal hospital and how I was traumatised there. Instead, I am going to let that fester in me and let my creative juices flow at some point and write a strongly worded entry about that. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned indeed.

I had a conversation with a lovely friend last night and even though he decided that it was more enjoyable to laugh at me and call me childish names such as “retarded”, it was good to be able to verbalise some things and laugh about them.

My greatest problem, I think, is being able to compartmentalise my thoughts and everything, be it my personal life or work, becomes this huge blob (not the most flattering image, I know) that is wobbling and making its rounds about my head. I don’t have to write about being reflective or summer under my backside-esque thoughts because we all know how to reflect. I guess it is what we do with the reflection that matters. Compartmentalising is hard for me. I can’t even write a shopping list and stick to it. I just go to the supermarket and pick out whatever junk food that will do me the least harm. All in good time, I hope. Whatever it is, I think it’s important to be happy with any decision I make regardless of its sensibility and consequences. I choose my own battles and I need to follow them through. Regardless.

A shout-out to my Scottish baby brother, A Brown, who is in Dundee right now – it must be cold there and I couldn’t be happier to have left the insane Scottish weather! Many thanks for the text message. It couldn’t have come at a better time. My friend, all is well in Munchkin Land. The Munchkin will survive! I can’t remember how the Munchkin moniker came about. Please refresh my memory. We were young and restless back then, eh? I am very touched that I am your homepage at work. Work is that bad?? I can’t wait to be an aunt and add more young unsuspecting children to my growing brood. Bring it on baby!

No comments: