Monday, 17 December 2007

Goodbye my furry friend

Chippy, you have had a good guinea pig life! You had good food – I had to find food without dried fruit and nuts because I know you hated them, a lovely big cage that I cleaned once a week and biodegradable kitty litter for your bedding because you didn’t like the cheapo pine shaving.

The cats miss you. They were looking for you when I came home without you. Frank and Charlie walked around and in your cage sniffing very hard, looking for you. They miss sitting in front of your cage to watch you and your antics.

I miss you. I miss your squeaks when you hear me turn my key in the front door. I am sorry for not giving you a better life. I hope you heard me say sorry when they anaesthetized you. I am sorry that I couldn’t watch the rest of the euthanasia process. You know that I am big fat chicken.

Chips, you are in a better place now. Remember to look for Ferrous. He’s a big yellow Lab with an extremely waggy tail. Make sure he doesn’t sit on you because he’s awfully heavy.

Goodbye Chippy.

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and well wishes for Chippy. He was very happy when I went to say goodbye to him and he tried to stand up and squeak. I will write about the horrible hospital I went to in my next post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bye bye Chippy. :)

Do you know that you were named after a hamster found along River Valley Road?