Friday, 14 December 2007

Chippy :)

Hello! My name is Chippy and I am a 5 year old guinea pig. My owner and her best friend got me off the Internet (Yahoo auctions, I think) back in 2003. I was their first pet! They used to spend hours in front of my cage stroking me and laughing when I made funny squeaks and squeals. They have absolutely no idea what breed I am because I am just a black ball of fluff with whorls of twisty fur. So it’s quite hard to google me.

I haven’t been eating and drinking for the past two days. I am old in guinea pig years. The typical lifespan of a guinea pig is 5.5 years (Thanks Auntie Krusty for looking that up!) and I think I am almost there. I’ve led a happy life in a house full of animal love. My best friends are the three cats. They love to sit outside my cage. Sometimes Tiggy sits on top of my cage. But I don’t think they have any evil desire to eat me. There was one time, my owner decided to give ALL OF US a bath. We were terribly wet and running loose all over the apartment. My owner was also very wet because we DON’T LIKE BATHS!

My owner sat outside my cage last night and cried. I think she loves me very much. Every time I get excited and I scurry around my cage, I kick out bits of bedding and poop. She will always sweep everything up and pour it back into the cage. On occasion, she’d tip the stuff over my head and that gives me a fright so I scurry around my cage again and the whole cycle repeats. Haha!

As The Frou says, I will be going to a better place. I am going to see the nice vet tomorrow and I hope I make it through the night. I know my owner will wake up every few hours to check on me.

It’s been a good run.

No comments: