Monday, 10 December 2007

My Revelation

Dear readers, have you ever felt that you are an awfully small being in a great big world? I am often so caught up in my own world where my thoughts ring so loud and clear in my head that I forget that there are other people around me. I call it being selfish and self-absorbed. Over this weekend, I realised that in the grand scheme of things, I am indeed an awfully small being.

I was standing outside a chi-chi boutique in a fashionable part of town about to attend a launch of some designer bags (think the artsy-fartsy asymmetrical haircuts and deconstructed outfits coupled with air-kisses and “dah-lings”) when I received a phone call from the BFF. It was news that I had hoped with all my heart that I would never hear. I stood outside the boutique in tears whilst talking to her. At that moment, everything, every single problem I thought I had and agonised over, seemed to pale in comparison.

I indulge too much in myself and the problems that I create. As the BFF would say, “You OWNSELF.”


Love to my BFF.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Max the ghost in my car that makes the BFF squeal in delight

1 comment:

Frou said...

You never bought me my own Max. You ownself have him :S