Some ex-students came back to school for a visit and I had a chat with them. One of them who is really tall and has the makings of a supermodel told me that she remembers when she was in Sec 1 I gave her a really bad mark for a comprehension test. She said that she was crying and she still remembers what I told her. I think I said something like five years, 10 years, 15 years down the road, no one is going to care whether you had passed or failed one silly test and as long as you’ve done your best and you can sleep at night, we pick ourselves up and try again.
It is because of moments like this that make me get out of bed in the morning. This and odd text messages that wake me up at 6:30am asking if I am ready to shape inquiring young minds. Haha! It’s good to know that I have one friend, who is not a teacher, who wakes up at the crack of dawn; he is the proverbial bird that catches the worm. Apparently, I don’t catch the worm because I’ve been looking down the wrong hole.
Tweet.
1 comment:
'five years, 10 years, 15 years down the road, no one is going to care whether you had passed or failed one silly test and as long as you’ve done your best and you can sleep at night, we pick ourselves up and try again.'
that's really meaningful, and it certainly put things into perspective.
When I have chidlren of my own, i m going to say tat to them (and suggest they read The Daily Toe for more insights :).
Post a Comment