Wednesday, 9 January 2008

Lost & Found

A colleague texted me today to tell me that her cat had just passed away. I texted her words of comfort and I felt utterly miserable. It’s a horrible feeling to lose a pet. I told her that it is all right to grieve for a long time and up till now, I still say goodnight to Chippy my guinea pig. Kitty, you’ve gone to a better place. Now you can play with Chippy and Ferrous!

Everything is about losing and finding. Sometimes I feel like the Lost & Found counter of a crowded train station. Things / pets/ people come and go. Perhaps there is no use hoarding. The Lost & Found counter gets overrun with useless items and baggage.

Last year, I found a kitten and lost a guinea pig amongst other things. I am thankful for small blessings. One shouldn’t complain too much. It’s no good for the soul.

A home without a cat--and a well-fed, well-petted and properly revered cat--may be a perfect home, perhaps, but how can it prove title?- Pudd'nhead Wilson (Mark Twain)

No comments: