Tuesday, 1 January 2008

My BMF & Me

Happy New Year! Much love, light and laughter to everyone!

The year-end festivities are slowly winding down and I am quite glad as the past two weeks has been a flurry of activities. I’ve been hanging out with one of my Best Male Friends (BMF). He is the kind of boy that I know can maintain a healthy platonic relationship with me because as heterosexual as he is, he is also very much like a woman. Most boy-girl friendships usually survive only because one party wants to get into the pants of the other and truly platonic relationships are hard to find / maintain. The BMF has many feminine traits that make him the BMF.

When I pick him up to go out, I usually have to wait at least five minutes for his Royal Highness to come down. And this is after giving him ample time and preparatory text-messages. Sometimes I think I may die of carbon monoxide poisoning while waiting for him. The BMF preens himself more than I do, taking any given opportunity to look at a reflective surface. The good thing is that we are there for each other, giving each other moral support. For example:

At a party, BMF surveys the crowd.
BMF: I think I am the best looking guy here. (pats hair) Do you think so?
Me: (rolls eyes) Yes, yes, you are. The women are falling at your feet. Me leh?
BMF: (after checking out a chick) You not bad lah.
Me: (punches the BMF) Prth.

I can always count on him to be objective. When we were talking about someone I thought was not too bad-looking, he said, “You have terrible taste. He is so…average. When I see him, I feel like ordering chicken rice from him.” How rude. The BMF is not one to mince his words. His choice names for people include “Garoupa Face” (this is when someone has a severe under-bite) and “Piak” (refers to a typical Chinaman face). Hahaha!

Here’s a garoupa to usher in the new year!

Photobucket

No comments: